This writing club started in 2013 with just 2 members, Rasyid and Kyra, as a way to keep them motivated to continue reading and writing. This initiative started from the concern that the Indonesian national curriculum does not equip their students with the essential writing skills and has yet to foster their love for reading. Since then, more friends have joined along to read and write with us, now the group has grown to include 13 young reader and writers!
About the Coach
A mother of two and a kids literature enthusiast, Tita has an extensive picture book and young reader chapter book collection to share. She loves working closely with kids and enjoys encouraging kids to realize their power to communicate their thoughts and engage people with their ideas. She is also a board game geek, so come and challenge her to a game!
Here We Write Intention
- Develop writing skills by giving exposure to the writing process and different types of writing.
- Provide practice and experience to gain fluency in writing so that kids understand that writing is a skill that can be mastered.
- Encourage reading by suggesting reading material according to interest and capability.
- Develop a deeper understanding of books and the ability to discuss their perspectives and book analysis with peers.
- Exciting educational games will expand vocabulary and ability to think quickly, as well as boost their creativity.